We are seeking a product owner to help execute the strategic direction and product roadmap for our call centre, reservations & CRM systems at Iglu Cruise & Planet Cruise. We are looking for someone who has a passion for building great systems/processes and strong stakeholder management skills to help support the growth of the business
We are looking for someone who can own and develop significant parts of the product roadmap and strategy within the Product team and drive the development of our business facing products at www.iglucruise.com & www.planetcruise.com.
The role involves working with multiple stakeholders across various functions, so the ideal candidate will have exceptional organisation, communication and influencing skills, and be comfortable meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Experience of working in a commercial (preferably online) role is essential.
This role will join the Product team, which is a mix of product owners & product designers who are responsible for improving all digital products, both customer and business facing.
- Own and manage the CRM Product backlog ensuring it is up to date and aligned with the business delivery roadmap
- Maintain a steady flow of well defined, high-quality work for the development team, ensuring their work is transparent and well understood
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to gather requirements and feedback.
- Execute on projects & initiatives in alignment with the Product team’s tactical and strategic goals.
- Able to drive forward the CRM product roadmap using qualitative & quantitative data.
- Participate in team scrums and sprint planning, define and prioritise tasks, and groom the backlog.
- Be the point of call and take full ownership within the business for your product area
- Build personas for different types of internal users of the systems to become a subject matter expert for your area and inform future iterations
- Make recommendations & develop features to improve metrics and KPIs
- Document key changes in a clear and concise way
- Balance different priorities and keep on top of ‘business as usual’ tasks
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for the following experience in the candidate:
- At least 4 years of experience as a Product Owner/Product Manager shipping product features
- Experience building and optimising systems, keeping user needs & business goals in mind
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative customer insights and capturing these insights via different methods
- Experience using a project management tool such as Jira
- Knowledge of all Agile principles
- Demonstrated experience using data and analytical skills to help solve problems and make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with a talented team of engineers and designers.
- Proven track record of shipping product features that deliver results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise work in an effective way based on the business goals
- Experience of migrating to or using salesforce for a call centre based business
‘Nice to have’ experience:
- Experience working as a Product Owner in the travel sector
- Experience working in a business with a call centre and online ecommerce platform
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience working with a voice of customer programme within a company
- Understanding of the cruise market
Behavioural Role Fit:
- Good team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Highly adaptable
Role Key Performance Indicators:
- Call centre lead conversion
- Customer satisfaction