As a Cruise Online Travel Expert you will be responsible for ensuring each customer's journey is seamless, from the first email or web chat to booking their next cruise holiday.
Using your extensive knowledge of cruise lines and destinations, You will recognise opportunities to maximise the customer's cruise experience whilst improving the margin through upselling. You will be part of an energetic and positive team, working in a target-based environment with an emphasis on speed of answer, conversion, margin, and customer satisfaction.
We’re after people with drive, enthusiasm, and flexibility for different types of outbound contact.
By using your expertise you will maximise sales through the selling of cruise holiday products, ancillaries and spot opportunities to upsell.
- Ability to Switch sell products where needed whilst at the same time taking into account customer needs and desires.
- To deliver bookings with a high level of accuracy, to mitigate any dilution or further customer contact.
- Ensuring all forms of contact - such as emails and web chats are handled quickly but met with a high level of service and meet company standards.
- Responsible to complete all required administrative tasks set by guidelines.
- Keeping up to date with cruiseline and Iglu marketing activity through the correct channels.
- You will attend huddles, team meetings, training sessions, and participate in educationals
- Self-driven learning as a way of improving product knowledge and soft skills using the LMS and app.
- You will be accountable for meeting and exceeding personal sales targets and KPIs
- You will build valuable relationships with your customers, ensuring your tone of voice, language and contact are in line with our brand guidelines.
- Take ownership of customer experience whilst delivering a high level of customer service
- Actively working with the business to share recommendations for change based on customer feedback.
- Effectively resolve customer complaints where needed.
- Undertake any other duties or responsibilities allocated to you by your line Manager/Company’s Senior team may ask.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a travel sales environment
- Proven track record in hitting sales targets
- Proven experience in an outbound environment
- In-depth knowledge of Iglu’s sales processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of all products sold by Planet Cruise / Iglu.com
- Good Standard of IT skills including but not limited to Word, Excel, GDocs
Behavioral Role Fit:
- A real passion for travel and customer service
- A confident communicator written and spoken with proven persuasive and influencing skills.
- Ability to really listen to the customer, quickly identify their needs and make sound recommendations.
- Drive for results, commitment, loyalty, and service excellence to brand and customers
- Have a positive and hard-working mentality and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Thrives in a sales environment, working under pressure, and is self-motivated to achieve performance targets.
- Excellent attention to detail and understands the impact of errors on the business and customers.
- An expert in areas they have visited and can share that knowledge with our customers and colleagues.
- Has conflict resolution skills and can solve problems quickly and pragmatically
- Someone who’s proactive and a trend spotter and is confident in feeding back their findings to the business to drive improvement
- Excellent numeracy skills
- First-rate organisational skills
- Flexibility is key to the success of this role. The ability to adapt to different people, customers, challenges, and ways of working.
Role Key Performance Indicators:
- Bookings per day
- Base Margin
- Margin per booking
- Transactions per hour
- Quality and % of error-free work
- Attendance and Adherence
- Customer Satisfaction